Thursday 15 December 2011

Christmas Rocky Road - Thinking Cap Thursday

I don't normally do food on my blog but this one is a fun activity that the kids can really participate in and its one of my Christmas traditions passed on by my mum to do special baking at Christmas time. Only this is even better because there is no oven needed.

White Rocky Road
Awesome and extremely sweet, very festive perfect for the Christmas party I'm taking kids to tomorrow.

2.5 packets of white chocolate (@ 200gram packet)
1/2 a packet of white marshmallows
1 cup rice bubbles
1/3 cup shredded coconut
1/3 cup of granulated peanuts
some raspberry lollies and mint leaf lollies.

 I cut the marshmallows up so that you just get tiny blobs rather than one huge marshmallow, the mini marshmallows would work perfectly but then id have to pick out the pink ones....not sure which is the lesser of the evils there. Then put in your rice bubbles, nuts, coconut. In a separate bowl melt the chocolate, this works best in microwave if you do it in short bursts and stir regularly, burnt chocolate is not tasty and wont stay white trust me on this i have been there. Then add your chocolate to your dry ingredients. Plop it into patty pans and place a raspberry and mint leaf on the top of each, then whack it in the fridge. Done to easy and kids can help, however they will beg to eat all the lollies.



I have made a more grown up version of this with pistachios for green and dried cranberries for fruit mixed in, then put into a slice tin, and cut into pieces looks very christmasy too.
love from, your sweet and feeling slightly sick after licking the bowl sassy

get your mind out of the gutter sassy, smirk, boobs

tada

2 comments:

  1. I would love for you to lnk this up to my Christmas Traditions Link Up ! These look yummy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...